Thursday, November 1, 2012

F.O.B

FOB what does that really mean?

well in urban dictionary it states,

FOB - is a degrading term for people not up to date on the culture which is an abbreviation for (Fresh Of the Boat.)
meaning you still carry your sense of fashion from your country which clashes with the current countries cultures.

But in society people give wrong intentions to that word. Just cause you came from a different country your originally a fob?

I was born in Philippines came here when i was two. But every two years I go back to the Island, does that mean I'm a Fob?

I speak English very well.
I speak my native Language very well

Does that mean I'm half fob?

I'm tired of hearing, oh she a fob or he a fob like they are from a different planet. The worse part is the people who calls Filipinos fobs are Filipinos themselves. Do you see something wrong with that?
It's like they don't appreciate there own culture but when it comes to like  Manny Pacquiáo, now the people who calls Filipinos fobs are like; I'm so proud to be Filipino!!
really? A person like  Manny Pacquiáo should be a fob in your eyes because that's what you call Filipinos who has a accent like him are called.








Don't be a hypocrite.

Instead of calling the Filipinos fobs just say Filipino, because its not right to generalize people who is the same ethnicity as you are.

In the dictionary it states what a real fob is which is
To cheat or deceive

so don't deceive your own race, be proud even if they act different from you, your background history and culture doesn't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment